Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 21 July 2013

West Buckland

We set off with great excitement to this Somerset event, always extra exciting going to an event I have not been to before. Top Gun has improved on the flat since his last event and I was dreaming of a low 20s dressage, couldn't dream the clear SJ though, he will just have the odd one behind now and then.
However the 20s dressage remained in my dreams. As I walked the XC my heart sank. The ground was just not suitable to run him, they had done lots of work to help conditions and the majority of riders were happy to run, the few I spoke to said they just went round slowly. I didn't feel Top Gun needed that sort of a run, he needs to practice to go XC for Novice speed and so I withdrew.

A huge thank you to the owners of Equine Centre Leyland Court nr Bristol who allowed me to school round their XC on our way home, obviously here the ground was still firm but more suitable. Top Gun jumped the Intermediate way in to the water with great enthusiasm several times and seems to be ready for his 1st Novice run in a few weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment