Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 23 June 2013

Salperton with Bill Levett

Ant and I excitedly drove over to Salperton at our first attempt as event horse owners! It felt so wierd not going in the lorry packed full of stuff!

On arriving I went off to walk the XC and thought it was testing, lot of skinnys but otherwise a fairly straightforward course compared to Chatsworth and Bicton. Salperton is beautifully built and the ground was perfect. I thought Monty may get unbalanced in front of the water where the ground sloped away and I wondered if it was appropriate to tell Bill this, considering he has ridden zillions more XC rounds than I have, or was I just fussing!

I arrived at Bills lorry and stood about not sure if to offer help to Emily his groom, luckily Emily is really nice and made me very welcome she said I was allowed to help if I wanted, so I did, although I left the back breaking job of studs to Emily.

Monty did a good dressage test, his first Intermedite test, lots of tough movements and all in sitting trot. We were thrilled with his mark of 33, he had 2 down SJ and clear XC, Bill was thrilled with the feel he gave him and said he feels very honest and true to a line and has a super big gallop to the bigger bolder fences. Well of course I had felt that already so it was good to hear it confirmed from a 4* rider.

A fab day and I took some good video of Monty and others that passed by as I walked the course, all will be linked to this blog once I have uploaded it to utube.

Also read Bills report and photo on his BLOG  www.billlevett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment