Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 6 January 2013

BE Training With Ros Morgan (Bevan)

I took Take It 2 The Top to this training day at Usk College. The venue was easy to find and loads of hard parking. Phew! We vaselined his sides as he has some hair loss where my legs go and off we went.

Take It 2 The Top was very spooky in the arena, he did one sharp massive spook and flew upwards into the air with me clinging on to my neck strap, when he eventually landed he got his head down and bronced, I clung on some more and could hear Ros shouting "Well sat". Fleetingly I wondered if the vaseline was hindering or helping me stick on!

He did calm down in the end and I stayed on for the whole 1 1/2 hours!

The clinic was amazingly helpful, as you would expect from a coach of this calibre. We did lots of pole work and jumping from trot with place poles. I hate that, its hard, but we needed it, and oh boy did it show up our weaknesses. The exercises forced us to allow the horses to do the thinking. I have got to do less and let my horse do the work.

Ros summed up Take It 2 The Top correctly she said hes a poser, lazy, yet talented and spooks just to make excuses not to have to work too hard, she also said Horton Point was exactly the same! That's got to be good. Loads of home work will keep us really busy for a few weeks and hopefully we will appear the other end ready for more success at Novice!

No comments:

Post a Comment