Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Monday 3 December 2012

Nightmares At Talland Turn Out Fabulous

I decided at long last to have some dressage lessons on my lovely 5 year old Take It 2 The Top.

I was looking forward to it until 2 days prior I dreamt I arrived at Talland and couldn't find my gloves, whip or spurs. In my nightmare the inside of my Lorry turned into a jumble sale pile and I was searching for said items under piles and piles of clothes. Eventually I was 20 minutes late for the lesson and woke up in a state of panic.
Then last night I dreamt I drove all the way to Talland, arrived, got out of vehicle and then realised to my horror I had driven down in my car and not in my Lorry and had no horse to ride!!!!

The real life lesson was fabulous, I went in early as everyone was at lunch and began working Monty in. As I quietly concentrated I heard a voice say loudly "that's a nice horse". I checked that (a) I was riding the only horse in the school and (b) it was Pammy Hutton's voice.  A huge compliment from a dressage God, I felt like I had won a gold medal. Pammy loved him and make big inroads into getting him to stop hiding behind the contact. Pammy is a genius. I have loads of homework to get him more off the leg and to work in a more correct outline.

Can't wait to ride him tomorrow to practise everything.

Other News
3 year old Twilight competed in his first ODE yesterday, finishing in 3rd place, he adored the XC.
4 year old Mika won the 90 cm class, both went like superstars. We had a fab day with lots of my pupils having a go at their 1st ODE, they all jumped really well with lots of clear rounds and not one refusal or elimination.

Also I have a new horse which is me being completely crazy as I have too many already. He is called William, is still very green, piebald (going grey and white so Skewbald really) , 16.1 hh, 4 years and will be evented at the lower levels next year. More about him in a later Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment