Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 22 January 2012

Work work work

All a bit boring really, I am riding, teaching and mucking out none stop, fab to be so busy, 6 hours teaching yesterday and 4 hours today. Lovely Milo is back in work so I now have 5 to ride. Less some days as I try and give the younger horses two consecutive days off each week. This works well if they are not too sharp a personality, it gives them a proper couple of chill out days and a chance for any muscle tweaks to recover and helps prevent them getting too fit or loosing weight. A young horse is learning all the time and are using muscles they are not used to. These muscles get tired and are then prone to injury or at best you have a grumpy horse. If you rest and work them correctly young horses will work wanting to learn more. I have had a fab couple of days teaching with everyone making inroads on their way to improving themselves and their horses. For example Matthew improved his canter and he could then see a stride, Alfie's getting more active canter corners resulting in a better jump, Charlie jumped his first round of 85 cm, Liz improved on her downward transitions, Meg found riding a corner with more outside leg helped her find an easier stride and Dan is ready to attempt his first dressage test on his new horse. All very rewarding to watch them improve. Then I had several texts from other pupils who were out competing. Emma placed in a JAS, qualifying for the British Champs, Rosanne clear SJ, Bernice and Tori won qualifying for winter dressage champs. I think Mika still has some of his wolf tooth lurking (argh so annoying!) so vets need a third attempt at removing it, this time I think I will ask for an xray so we know exactly what is left in there if anything. He is still sore on the gum when I touch it and there is a rough bit of something that I can feel....watch this space...... Below is the splinter that was removed last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment