Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 3 July 2011

Icon At Glanusk

Photo courtesy of Emma Mealing Photography
Icon was an absolute star today at Glanusk Horse Trials finishing 11th.


We were a bit creaky in the dressage, feeling a bit rusty after a long break. He was one of only a handful of clear Show Jumping rounds, he just pinged round. And then we set off XC, I was worried after our last run had ended retiring when he just pulled himself up half way round, and we found out after a blood test he was aneamic. This time was very different he was on fire and cruised round, I just had to keep up and stay on! His breeder Peter Sheppard came to watch him so thank goodness Icon was so impressive. I think he had been ill for a while, the run out we had back at Hambledon was so out of character. So glad he felt really amazing. The course was superb, we had to jump in and out of the walled garden and there were 3 waters. The 2nd water featured a huge log in the shape of a fish on the edge of a large drop jumping into the water and then a good size brush in the water. I just had one of the best XC rides ever, Louise Skelton saw me at the double of corners, taken on a curving line on 4 strides, she said we were foot perfect. Good boy Icon.

No comments:

Post a Comment