Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Friday 3 June 2011

Icon Is Anaemic and Goodbye John Wayne

I have had Icon blood tested, to see if he had any reason for not flying round Houghton last weekend. The results came back that he is mildly anaemic, enough to effect his performance XC. He is on an iron supplement and has had some vitamin injections. He looks well in his coat and we hope to run him at Longleat in a couple of weeks if he gets the all clear from Claire Gilbert his vet.
My other big news is that I have sold John Wayne. He has gone to an eventing home in Warwickshire. Sad to sell him but good to know he will continue to do what he is good at and when he is a super star I will be thrilled to have been the one who began his training. The money is being used to (14 years after we moved in) put central heating in our house, bring on the snow!
Monty (4 yrs old - Hartpury Take It 2 The Top) has been SJ schooling at Hill View Equestrian Centre today and went really well. Hill View http://www.hillview.myzen.co.uk/ have a super new arena with some posh new jumps. Monty is jumping 80-90 cm easily, just still spooking at fillers so I have to sit tight. We are aiming for an 80cm ODE in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment