Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 15 August 2010

An Interesting Day

I rode four horses early, Spicer (Duvet Day) is back in work. Next Ant and I went off to watch Hartpury cic3***. It all looked so much easier when I was not competing!

We ended up finding our friends Joy and Dave Galley who were judging the influential corners. It was an exciting few hours and we became honoury fence judges for a short time although I was best at putting back up the knocked down flags, which happened alot. Several riders fell in the water jump which was near by and we had a horid horse fall at our fence. All riders and horses were happily ok.

On arriving home this evening Ant went off to do his farm. I was busy mucking out and I could hear a chugging of a tractor. It was Ant arriving with tractor bucket full of yellow sand. "What is that for?" I asked perplexed!

He explained that he remembered last time at Soilhull they used alot of yellow stone dust by the fences and especially at the water, it caused horses to spook. He thought if we put some by my jumps in the field I may have half a chance of getting John Wayne used to it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment