Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Thursday 12 August 2010

4 year olds at West Wilts

Yesterday we took John Wayne to his first ODE at West Wilts, (it was a young horse breeding finals qualifying class) he did a 34 dressage, clear SJ and shied at a photographer so sailed past a jump giving him an unfortunate 20 penalites. He was a bit spooky at things around the course, but not the jumps. Next he is at Solihull which usually has lots of decorations round the water so lets hope he is less spooky.

Top Gun was HC (as he has already qualified) he was fab especially XC, he had 2 down SJ but this was the first time he has jumped indoors so I was thrilled.

Bernice and Daniel came with us as grooms and I certainly needed the extra help as we only had an hour to SJ and XC both horses.

Top Gun gave us a laugh when he took my baseball cap off my head with his teeth and threw it across the lorry park!

Today Icon did the guinea pig test at Hartpury CCI2*, (this is so the judges can get their eye in before they judge the competitors) after Gatcombe he was pretty excited and did the worst test he has done this year. I walked the 3* course, it was a good course with some challenging lines but the ground is firm so I am glad we are not entered.

No comments:

Post a Comment