Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Friday 7 August 2015

Belated Hen do with Alvescot Massimo at Gatcombe

CCHad a lovely time at Gatcombe today with Massimo in the BYEH 4 year old class. He was a bit nosey in his dressage about the other horse SJ in the arena next to him but performed a nice test. He then jumped a very bold confident & clear Show Jumping round. He scored really well in the conformation and type 9 and 7 a total of 16 out of 20, one of the highest marks. 

Although clear SJ his jumping technique wasn't mature enough yet to score highly. We knew this would be the case when we entered but felt it would be fab experience for him to compete at Gatcombe. See his SJ round on this link.
Emma and Nikki were my official grooms for the day as Ant stayed at home (he only likes coming when I have a chance of a place or if I am riding a tricky one and need his advice) we then met up with our friend Louise with her tiny baby Martha. Then with pram & 4 dogs in tow we all went shopping. :-)

This was my belated hen do!!!!  Nikki and Emma announced the hen day rule was we weren't allowed to buy anything to eat until we had each purchased something off our equine shopping list. Emma led the shopping by buying a lightweight jacket, then Nikki bought Rif Raf a new headcollar.
We were all about to faint as I only had 2 things on my shopping list and I was very slow at choosing the new chaps I needed. I eventually (only because I hadn't had breakfast, it was 1 pm & I was really truly going to faint with hunger) bought some lovely Ariat Chaps, but OMG they were £99.99. 

Then we had lunch, rustic chicken cooked on bricks with a lovely salad that had tasty sauces and goats cheese, peas and beans added to it, all washed down with a nice glass of fruit cordial.

Then it was a quick look at the XC and off home.



No comments:

Post a Comment