Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Saturday 15 August 2015

Homme House Eventing

Had a busy day at Homme House. Despite it being our local event we began with an early alarm call as  Rif Raf had 8.06 dressage. She did a fab test and then a clear SJ. Then she had a fun time XC apart from when I rode rubbish at the final element of the coffin, I was far too lapse, trusted her too much and I didn't sit up at all, we were on a long one and she decided "it's easier to go round the side of this one!!"
 She was really fun to ride though, she loves XC.

I had a 2 hour break until my next ride which was lucky as I was booked to walk the XC with Putley Pony Club. These were a group of lovely children who had been working hard as the official SJ arena party over the 2 days of Homme Horse Trials. They were all really enthusiastic about the course walk, asking lots of questions. 

Next I met up with Imran who was in charge of the children from St James City Farm in Gloucester. http://www.stjamescityfarm.co.uk/ 

They were guests of Homme Horse Trials and had come to learn more about the care of competition horses, two of the children want to go pony racing, so the care after XC was of particular interest to them. They watched me compete my 4 year old Massimo. They were really keen to learn, helping me wash him off afterwards and then holding the studs as I took each one out. 
 I had my own fan club as they all clapped as we jumped each XC fence clear. Massimo gave me a fab ride, really bold and confident, I was really pleased with him and am certain with this attitude he will go at least 2* in the future.

Fab photo taken by one of the children, thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment