Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Monday 27 July 2015

Eventing in the Rain & Married in the Sunshine

Massimo was once again a star when I took him to Allens Hill Eventer Training on a very wet Friday.

29 dressage and then jumped fab in the 90 with just one rail down in the XC section. Not sure where he finished but I am guessing somewhere between 2nd and 4th. I left before the results were out as I had an important day to organise, Ant and I were getting married the next day!

The sun shone all day. It was the perfect day we had hoped for, being both fun and relaxed, everyone seemed to be smiling and laughing all day. The Wedding began at 4 pm and we had the most amazing day with almost all of our friends and family with us. The tables were all named after horse colours, the theme was my XC colours, blue and pink, and we had horses and horse shoes on the cake. Well we had to really with Ant being a farrier!

Below pic, two of my best friends Nikki Cox and Emma Horton Smith who helped me with my hair, make up, and kept me supplied with sweets and my fav drink, diet Pepsi. Emma was also an expert on working the hotels room service ordering champagne flutes for our diet Pepsi to go in, and she knew where the hair dryer was for when my nails wouldn't dry. Although when nails still wouldn't dry, 20 mins before the ceremony Nikki turned into a hero dashing into Boots The Chemists for varnish remover and fast drying varnish.  On her return she made us laugh announcing she definitely didn't get any odd looks at shopping in Boots with a large feather on her head!!!!


Eventing guests included Louise Harwood and her mum Jackie Skelton, they drove from Aston Le Walls just to be with us on our special day and then, after dancing all night, drove the 2 hours back again as they had more horses competing the next day, they were also celebrating an Advanced win on Whitson. Also dancing almost all night were Badminton 4* rider Josephine Challens (who now has my retired advanced eventer Icon to hunt)  & GB pony team rider Saffron Cresswell. It was also great to have along 2* rider Tom Searle, European Gold Medalist Claire Oliver with her showman husband Robert Oliver and also Horse & Hound/Eventing Mag reporter Louise Calverley, who also caught the bouquet, although she didn't have much choice as I crept up behind her and threw it onto her lap!!!! 



We made everyone laugh by starting our first dance with one of our favourite songs Paul Macartneys "Yesterday" but the lyrics are totally unsuitable for a wedding, so I pretended to be very cross which every one chuckled at, and then the real song came on Elvis "I can't help falling in love with you" which appropriately starts with "Wise men say only fools rush in" Ant and I have been together 24 and a half years!!!! 

Our day was made extra special as once the evening had finished and we were on the way up to our room, we had a huge round of applause in the Hotel bar from The Proclaimers and their road crew who were relaxing after an evening playing in the nearby Malvern Winter gardens.

Here are some of the photos. 

P.S. I am now called Mrs Stella Bunn! 





Below a dance with my lovely Dad.



A huge thank you to Tomas our event supervisor from the Abbey Hotel who made our day completely perfect, nothing was too much trouble. 

And finally thank you to everyone who contributed to our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment