Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Wednesday 28 January 2015

A Month Until The First Event

I am quietly getting the horses ready for their first season British Eventing, it seems very strange only having grass roots horses to prepare for this year. It's just as much work, but slightly less stressful. It's much easier to find winter events suitable for educating young horses, cheaper too. Last year having a horse needing to jump at 1.20+ meant long days out to Solihull and Hartpury, then with huge entries there was always a long wait as the 1.20 classes are normally right at the end of the day.

Massimo had another clear round outing to Hill View Arena this weekend, he popped round clear twice really nicely.
Rif Raf is doing a bit more fast work as she is a slow cob, Rupert will hardly need any at all as he is full TB, also he is still green XC so I don't think I would get the time yet even if he was fit enough to run in the Grand National!

Despite it being  a cold windy January I am flat out teaching, I am doing lots of travelling as my client base is fairly spread out, this week I have been working near Mathon, Worcester, Gloucester, Tewkesbury and Ledbury. Doesn't seem that far, but when I have 4 to ride at home plus stable duties it uses up most of the daylight at this time of the year.

The new house we are having done up by www.enchantedwood.co. is progressing well. Still lots to do and we are waiting news on a planing application for new facilities for the horses and other livestock.
The farm has its own barns but they are rather too old and beautiful to put destructive horses in them. So they are to be used for Anthony's chickens and workshed.
Below pics are the far end of the new house and Ant making some metal tie bars to strengthen the barn we are having renovated.





No comments:

Post a Comment