Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Friday 2 January 2015

A look back at 2014

2014 was a year of all change, I sold several horses and bought a few too.
HartpuryTwilight went to Tom Searle who had an amazing year on him finishing the season with two top ten placings at Novice. I am so excited about Tom having him, Twilight is the best that Top Tottie bred, (I have ridden 4 of her foals so I should know!) and I am sure Toms going to get the best out of him, he's an amazing rider.

Hartpury Top Gun was sold as a schoolmaster, he went on a winning streak, within 6 months he had qualified  for the Pony Club Championships plus several top ten places at BE.  Fantastic for Verity his elegant young rider, she rides him beautifully.

Next I sold Hartpury Take It 2 The Top after some good runs at Novice and Intermediate. The sale was assisted by the brilliant Tom Searle who took him on to sell for me and as a last minute ride at Soilhull and Prestwold being placed 3rd and 2nd qualifying for a regional final, this cemented his sale to Francessca who gelled perfectly with him, they were placed several times out at the end of the season. 

In the summer I bought Woadhill Primo but after 3 days I found he was not the right horse for me, I immediately rang the lady I bought him from, who also bred him, she refused to have him back, despite it only being 3 days from the day of purchase, even for less money, which says it all really. I sold him at Brightwells Sales in September.

Several new horses arrived including Graham Potts 7 year old x race horse Rupert and also the youngsters Middleton, Massimo and Pop Art.

My lovely 4 year old Rif Raf The Dragon had a super start to 2014, she went double clear everytime time out including a win at West Wilts area Riding Club ODE.  Can't wait to event her this year as she is so much fun and is really genuine to a fence. Sadly she will be another one to sell later in the summer, as she is a perfect grassroots horse, due to being a bit chunky. I think she will do novice but that would be her limit.

We finished the eventing season with unaffiliated placings on two horses competing in their first ever ODE, 2nd and a 6th on Middleton and Rupert.

One of the exciting competitions in 2014 was when Anthony my partner won a showing class with one of his Mottled Pekin Bantams. His bird beat over 2000 birds, she then went on to be Reserve Champion. Anthony is a huge support to me with my horses, he works so hard breeding, preparing and selecting his poultry for these shows, it was really exciting for him to win something so prestigious. 
My last thought for 2014 is that I am thrilled to have a huge following on this Blog. I hope you enjoy reading it, thanks to you guys since it first began I have had over 63,000 views. 
In December 2014, always a quiet month for blogs, I had over 800 readers. Here are the stats....

No comments:

Post a Comment