Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Tuesday 10 June 2014

XC Schooling

Middleton went XC schooling to Manor Farm last week. I took along one of my pupils Tracy Haines and her lovely TB endurance mare Fine Girl.  Fine Girl is in 49th place in the UK endurance rankings and Tracey is head veterinary nurse at 3 Counties Equine Hospital, one of the top (in my opinion the top) equine hospitals in the UK. Tracey is a big believer that the key to keeping her endurance horses mentally and physically sound is helped by giving them a varied training regime, which includes one day eventing, show jumping and dressage all of which I help her with.
We had a fab day both horses loved it, Manor Farm has 2 waters and a super set of steps as well as many smaller fences to encourage young horses. Both horses finished the day by boldly jumping down a step into the bigger of the 2 waters.
Tracey had bought along her equine heart monitor so she could test their hearts when we had finished. Super fit Fine Girl was an impressive 39. Surprisingly Middleton was a 46, very good for a Warmblood X especially as he's only a baby and no where near fit yet, I shouldn't have any trouble getting him fit for eventing. I found Tracey's tales about the vet checks in endurance really fascinating, its a real art getting the endurance horse prepared physically and mentally to pass the vet checks.

No comments:

Post a Comment