Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 22 June 2014

Rif Raf Wins at West Wilts ODE

Rif Raf was a star again today.

 

As always she tried ever so hard in the dressage to score an outstanding 26, next she put her knees up very carefully under her chin to clear all the show jumps.

 

The XC time was quite tight, but Rif Raf's lovely rhythm and natural stride to a fence ensured she was easily inside the time. She was lovely XC and hasn't even been XC schooling since her last run in April, yet she still did very grown up things like cantering thorough the water, Rif Raf loves her jumping.

We left before the results had been totalled as we are busy hay making at home, but I have just had a text from Tom Searle Equestrian who kindly agreed to collect for me to say Rif Raf won and her prize is a lovely new rug and a BE day ticket worth £42. I am feeling very proud and extremely pleased with my homebred little girl :-)

It was a RC Area Qualifier and my class was the non team class. I pointed out to Ant that I was probably in a harder section too as all the pros were probably in it as they couldn't go in the RC area classes. Ant replied " No you are in an easy section as it's all the RC people not good enough for the team" Ha ha that took the wind out of my sails!!

Yesterday I took George to his first ever show. I chose a dressage event at Malvern's Hill View Arena, this is a lovely friendly venue which is excellent for inexperienced or young horses. He coped really well in the warm up ring. At first he was a little worried by horses coming up in canter behind him, but he soon settled. He went in the very posh main competition arena and performed his walk and trot test like a pro scoring 69.5% to be awarded 2nd place.

I had also entered him for Prelim 7 but this test is more advanced and requires canter! George's canter is so green that 2 days before I wondered if we would even manage one stride of canter. But he learns fast and despite our canter being many metres away from the arena corners he maintained good rhythm and balance scoring 69% this time for 5th place, in a large class of over 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment