Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 15 June 2014

Catton Park Intermediate

My first time at this lovely event in Derbyshire, it was really easy to get to and a super venue, so will definitely be back next year. The XC featured some wooded parts and is also very hilly, there were 2 waters, lots of skinnies, angles and some really good galloping fences. Thank you to my good freinds Bernice and Louise White my photographers and support team for the day, standing in for Ant who was at the 3 Counties showing his chickens.
At 9.30 am the entire event was halted to hold a minute silence in memory of Ben Winter and Jordan McDonald who were tragically killed riding XC yesterday. Very sad.
Hartpury Take It 2 The Top did a super test for a 34, really pleased with him, 3 down SJ although I felt he jumped really well.
XC he was awesome, he is getting bolder at this level now and is galloping to the bigger gallopy fences with more balance than he was a few months ago. However I made a huge mistake at the water, a large hanging log in with a big drop, as he jumped in I slipped my reins, he seemed to jolt slightly on landed and suddenly I had no reins at all I had just let go completely! The B element was far off over to my right and Monty had locked onto a fence right in front of him, it was a large upright rail used for Catton Parks carriage driving trials!!!!! I was very surprised at his rather unnerving honesty as I grabbed my reins back to steer him round the unflagged fence. Sadly I didn't think quick enough and turned left to get back to the B element, when actually I would have had plenty of room to turn right to it. So I earnt an annoying 20 for crossing my tracks, feel bad for Monty as he will jump anything I point him at so long as I do actually point him!!!!!

Photo below is the fence where my error happened (taken at last years event) you can see the rails straight ahead and the B element where we should have headed far to the right. The B element this year was a big square skinny box with a very wide spread, it caused a fair few run outs but we managed to fault in a more interesting way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment