Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Friday 27 September 2013

Moreton Morrell Eventing

I had Hartpury Take It 2 The Top going amazing outside in the warm up, we trotted off towards our arena hoping the judge was prepared to get ready with her 8s and 9s. That was until we entered and halted and Monty decided it was then he would like to show the judge his excellent rein back, "NO Monty" I gave him a kick forward he shot into canter and the rest of the test went downhill from there!!!! He was still half way after dressage though. The show Jumping was more like an Intermediate track, lots of related distances on curving  lines, a treble and a double and a huge triple bar right off the corner on a curving line to the last upright. Monty jumped well but had both fences down right where the arena party were sat, he spooked at them both times.

Xc was not really challenging enough for him, or maybe I have ridden this track too many times, it felt like an intro, the only real challenge being the water which was fun to ride with a carved skinny fish to jump in the middle of it.

I used my stop watch on him for the first time today and he made the time easily. The outing gave our confidence a good boost to have another clear before he goes Eventing Internationally, and a reminder to practise my test on grass before his next outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment