Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Crunchie sold - Malvern Horse Sales - prices were good

My homebred 4 year old Crunchie behaved perfectly at the busy sale, I rode him through the crowds of people like he was an old police horse. I had booked Shaun to ride him early in the jumping ring so I could talk to any interested customers and show them his pictures etc.

Shaun had several to ride for other people so Crunchie next had a rest and spent some time in the stable, customers often like to see them nice and quiet in the stable as well as ridden so I always try and make time to show them ridden and stabled. Crunchie behaved like he had been stabled at a busy show all his life, bless him it was his only second time at a show.

Then I tacked him up and this time I rode him. I schooled him showing off his lovely paces and jumped some fences and then stood him about chatting to people while he nodded off.

The sale itself went well, we had several people interested in him so the bidding was pretty fast at first, we were pleased with the price he made of £1,900 which was slightly above the £1,500 we had expected from the recent sale prices. He has also gone to some lovely people on a farm where the long term aim will be to compete him in county workers. I stayed to help load him as they had a trailer, he's only ever been in my lorry, he loaded first time without question, what a good boy, I left him happily munching his haynet. It will be fab to see how he progresses. Pictures below from when he was a few hours (umbilical cord to prove it) and a few weeks old.


No comments:

Post a Comment