Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Friday 1 February 2013

UKCC British Eventing - BE Fit!

I now have all the information needed to start reading up on the work required to pass the British Eventing UKCC. A huge folder has arrived with lots of useful information in it, all of which I must read and learn.

One interesting thing on rider fitness I have already tried out.

Take your pulse rate at rest, mine was 60 beats per min. Then step up and down off a 20 cm step for 3 mins, I did this very very fast until after 2 mins I had jelly legs, what a relief when the 3 mins finally arrived, the last 30 secs seemed for ever!  Then rest for 1 min and then take your pulse again. Mine had increased by 29 beats per min to 89 beats per min. On the chart this said my heart fitness is excellent. That can't be right surely? I am no where near fit enough to event yet, I haven't been cycling or running yet and although I am riding 5 a day, that doesn't get you cardio vascularly fit to ride XC.

Will have to test it again tomorrow in case I counted wrong. At this rate the stair carpet on step one is going to be worn bare!

No comments:

Post a Comment