Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Friday 8 February 2013

BE UKCC Training

Arrived home after 2 days intensive training at the superb equestrian facilities at Keyso in Bedfordshire, absolutely shattered. I stayed in a super bed and breakfast the Old School House near to Keyso, with really friendly hosts.
The course itself involved 12 trainee coaches spending 2 mornings in a classroom working through our portfolios and indoor exercises using team work. This was all really fun, all the people on the course were really nice. The trainers Lizzel Winter and Sue Ringrose were amazing, really constructive with their comments and observations and interesting to listen to.
Both afternoons we were required to coach, my first rider was an advanced medium dressage rider and my next a pony club superstar. I was so nervous I couldn't stop shaking, felt sick and couldn't speak. How ridiculous when its what I do all the time, it didn't help that we were outside with an icy cold wind blowing! Once I began teaching my nerves disappeared and I really enjoyed it, best of all I had lots of positive feedback from the trainers and the riders.
I went off to my bed and breakfast feeling pleased and a little more confident.
Next day was more classroom based work and then teaching 1* and 2* riders in the afternoon, this again went well with positive feedback both from the trainers and the riders.
Now I am home I need to sleep. More training and then an assessment day to complete the qualification is to follow later in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment