Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Tuesday 12 February 2013

The Rain

I took 3 horses to Allens Hill Eventer Training on Sunday. Crikey it rained all day, it just never, ever stopped. I was soaked, in the end I rode the last dressage test in a rain coat and just thought eliminate me if you like I was beyond caring. She didn't, nice judge! I had 3 pairs of wet gloves, 2 pairs wet breeches, 2 wet jackets, 2 wet under jumpers, everything I was wearing was soaked, and as I had 2 hours between each dressage to jump etc, I was freezing cold too. Ant came with me to help, he hid in the lorry with the TV and heating on, emerging to help me swap horses and to watch me jump.
William jumped his first 80 and was fab and 5th (he loved it) , Mika 2nd in the 90 and Take It 2 The Top 2nd in the 100.

Then today I took Icon and Take It 2 The Top to BS at Summerhouse, they both jumped really well and will move up a class next time out. I was on my own and had a minor panic when I realised all my riding kit was still drying on the radiator at home and I had forgotten to put it all back in the lorry. Luckily I found some spares to put on, but while I frantically searched the lorry, for a bit I thought I was going to have to jump in jeans and pink gloves!

Got 8 horses in this week and it seems 8 is the number when I become less organised.
6 am - Mucked out and fed 8. (I work super fast)
7 am - Rode 2.
9 am - breakfast.
9.30 am - loaded 2 unbrushed horses and left for Summerhouse.
3 pm - home and rode 2 more.
5 pm - mucked out and fed 8.
6pm - repaired light on barn.
7 pm - cooked tea and pancakes!
8 pm - rang and texted clients to organise next weeks lessons, updated BLOG.
and then Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

The next few days are fully booked with lessons, luckily I have someone coming in the next few mornings to help me muck out and tack mine up etc so I can  teach all afternoon.

foot note Ant has asked me to add on that he actually cooked his own tea and I did the pancakes! Thats my superwoman image blown right out of the water!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment