Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Monday 15 October 2012

A Fall at Hartpury and Awesone at Oasby!

I decided to take Icon British Showjumping to Hartpury a week ago. But it was a disaster. In the 1.10 he got a pole caught between his legs and I got flung off, landed on my feet but still meant Elimination. Then in the 1.15 Icon ground to a halt in front of the same fence. Got a tap on his bottom and then jumped it caustiously. Poor Icon.

With an Intermediate run at Oasby the following week and 1.25 Show Jumping I was in a "I must withdraw" flap. Instead I spent the week getting him a little more off my leg using pole work. I had got complacent with brave and reliable Icon and found I let his canter and pole work slip below standard.

At Oasby he was back on form. Just one down SJ and a 33 dressage left us in a good position. XC Icon flew, very strong, due to a shower of rain I had reins like two slippy snakes. This gave me some unwanted time faults, only 6 but enough to drop him to 12th.

Brilliant end to the season. Plus the 3 riders who I went to coach at Broadway on Saturday all went double clear.....foundation points all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment