Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Eliminated at Dauntsey BE100

http://www.ultimate-images.co.uk/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=14815#image=514708
Click on link above for him being perfect at the turning fences, can't believe how good he looks but then I am a tiny bit biased!
I was the first rider to win a BE100 on a youngster by Take It 2 The Limit and now I am the first one to be eliminated too. How rubbish is that?
Hartpury Take It 2 The Top was 2nd after dressage and despite one down, went into the lead after SJ as the dressage leader withdrew.
He was green XC and we were lucky not to get a 20 pens at a couple of fences for spooky run outs. He jumped the two big tables (4 strides on a 90 degree turn) foot perfect and boldly cantered the water. He also wobbled in the 3 strides off the big step to the parallel brush skinny. We went clear with only 2.8 time faults. He loved the mud, but then hes a class horse. The rider on the other hand needs to walk the course better I jumped the wrong fence two from home.
There were some fab photos of him taken by Ultimate Images I will link to them when they have put them on their web site.
The ground was sticky mud but felt good although lots withdrew, my boy sailed through it but then we have ridden and jumped in the mud many times on Castlemorton Common. Maybe those who withdrew were not used to riding in mud. Well done Dauntsey, my horse learnt loads from your educational course and I am now eyeing up some Novices before the end of the season.
Also these pictures over the hedge. http://www.ultimate-images.co.uk/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=14814#image=514648

No comments:

Post a Comment