Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 18 March 2012

Lincoln Intermediate and Swalcliffe Eventing

At Swalcliffe Top Gun came 5th in a BE100, he is almost ready for Novice but despite being a tiger XC he still goes shy at one fence somewhere in the SJ so a few more BE100 before we upgrade I think.
Icon was a star at Lincoln despite demolishing 4 of the first 5 show jumps. At the fifth he jumped right handed in the double and jumped over the wings taking the lot with him, I lost a stirrup and wasted time getting it back. Funnily enough he then went clear! He had warmed up so well I think I was riding a bit too quietly.

XC he was fab, Lincoln is regarded as one of the biggest XCs in the country and they had beefed it up again with an old fashioned coffin near the end. I hacked him round slowly taking all the direct routes, lots of skinnies off banks, drops and angles. A good 1st outing apart from the SJ!

I had a new helper for the day Megan from Malvern PC, it was her first experience of a BE event and she was able to enjoy watching many Olympic horses and riders in action including the awesome and very beautiful Lenamore.

Photos are of brave Icon jumping the "B" element of fence 4, it caused lots of run outs and brush palisade half way round the course, it had a ditch in front big enough to park a small car in!

No comments:

Post a Comment