Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Monday 19 December 2011

The Last Shows before Xmas

A chilly and hectic weekend. Ant went off to a 2 day chicken show at Stafford on Saturday. This for me meant helping him at 6 am with putting 18 chickens of varying shapes and sizes into appropriate size boxes and then fitting them all into the back of his small 4 wheel drive truck. There was only just enough room for his picnic. Ant had spent all week washing and preparing the birds for the show.
Next after waving Ant off with lots of good luck, I mucked out 5 stables and rode Icon + Top Gun, then loaded 3 yr old Mika onto the lorry to take him to his first ever show. This was a walk and trot test and he behaved perfectly to come 3rd. Look at the snow on the hills!!!
Home quick in order to be teaching 4 hours of pony club flatwork and show jumping from 12.30.
Gasp! Next home to feed and muck out 5 stables, feed, cook tea and sleep. Ant had a good day with a winning Lemon Cuckoo Pekin cockerel.
Sunday was less busy, I took Top Gun to Hartpury British Showjumping. He jumped 2 double clears and is really feeling more and more balanced. My sponsors http://www.payrollsuk.com/ came to watch and feed him polos...bribery works every time!
I was home early and so I caught Take It 2 the Top and rode him for the first time in almost 3 months. He is so lovely and behaved beautifully, I just want Christmas to be over and all the Eventing to start, is that called having lots to look forward to, or wishing my life away?

No comments:

Post a Comment