Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 8 May 2011

Icon does a fly past!

First apologies to anyone who has tried to email via my website, I have not ignored you its not working. We are looking into the gremlins.
Hambledon Intermediate today. My stiff old Icon pulled a 28 dressage out of nowhere, he had 8's for his centre lines and for his leg yields and was in 8th place, Oh My Goodness Me! Then showjumping he backed off a related distance and just tipped one rail off, we were still in the running for a good place. This would be easy peasy!
I set out of the start box like a rocket and flew, not taking a pull anywhere, intermediate feels small now.
Then suddenly I was approaching a gallopy fence, a wide skinney spread joined between the Novice and BE100 fences, we had a skinney bit in the middle to jump, Oh no, Icon locked on to the Novice fence and over we flew, "Sugar" I said! I had to pull up a very fast Icon, trot back among the trees and bluebells, apologise to the judge for my language and rejump the fence. Drat. I had a fabulous ride though, he was very strong but otherwise foot perfect.
I once again picked Pippa Funnells brains to solve my big horse small girl syndrome(BHSG). She produced a bit that works on all her BHSG syndrome horses. Fab, I will report when I have tried it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment