Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 29 May 2011

Houghton Hall cic 3*



This is the most lovely event, just like Blenheim. I walked the course and it was big but really perfect for Icon.
He passed the vet inspection with flying colours. We dusted off our Top Hat and Tails and performed our test in front of Houghton Hall to score a 63, into 32 place we were thrilled. Icon had beaten 11 horses and had managed 6's for his scraggly flying changes!!
Show Jumping was in the atmospheric main arena. Every rider was announced with the country we were riding for. Icon grew 4 inches! He was superb, it was 1.25m, we had only one pole and one time fault, it caused lots of trouble. We moved up 12 places to 20th. I was so excited.
Next the XC. He set off well but was jumping a bit to one side and lacked power to the big gallopy fences. By the time I had jumped a few of the massive tables I realised my flying machine was not functioning properly, he was backing off, I had no umph in the canter, and we had our first ever run out at a corner. Icon was just not himself at all so I decided to pull up at fence 12. His next run is not for a few weeks so I may give him a fun run at an unaffiliated Novice in the meantime.
Next outing - its Milo doing an unaffiliated 90 at Aston Le Walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment