Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 10 April 2011

Monty, Milo and John Wayne.


  • I have at last decided which of my 5 year olds to sell and John Wayne is for sale, he has gone on Horsequest this week. Keep changing my mind which one I prefer. I simply can't keep them all, I am riding 5 a day and teaching 4 hours a day plus all the routine yard work so one has just got to go. I am aiming him for the BYEH and Lycetts 5 year old classes in June in case he is unsold and took him XC schooling yeaterday, he started off spooking at fence one and then got bold flying everything, water, ditches, skinnies etc. Fab as he has not seen a XC fence since October. Milo jumped the dinky fences really well and enjoyed himself, although not in the same league as John Wayne of course. The baby Monty (Hartpury Take It 2 the Top) was outstanding, also only jumping dinky fences but remained calm sensible and confident despite it being a busy event held on grass with ponies flying about all over the place.

  • HARTPURY TWILIGHT - More scars! 2 year old colt by Take It 2 The Limit had a near disaster last week. A stupid neighbour, decided to store a gate in his field and lent it up against the fence. Being an investigating sort of 2 year old, came over and put his leg in it. Massive cut and a huge lump on the bone above his knee, he had to come in for poulticing and some antibiotics. While he was in I called the vet to have him castrated, the horse not the neighbour, although.....! Anyway all is OK now, one gelding and wounds healing well and luckily I have not bumped into the neighbour as I have not quite calmed down yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment