Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 9 January 2011

Top Gun Wins And John Wayne 2nd

Dressage at Hartpury College today. Top Gun won the prelim, 65% he did an accurate test and ponced about as if to say "Hey judge look at me, now give me an 8".
Milo, hes so sweet, did his first ever prelim test to pick up a 4th.
John Wayne came 2nd in the novice, also 65%, his first attempt at a higher level test. John Wayne has lovely paces but is too polite, he feels like he says "Excuse me judge, is this ok? Please may I have a 6, if at all possible?" We went home thinking he was 5th but then noticed his sheet said 2nd....too many horses!!!
Yesterday all three were again at Hartpury College to do one showjumping class each. They all went double clear, although I entered lower heights than they are capable of (had to get home early to teach). I was extremely pleased with how they coped with the busy warm up area and the spooky arena etc.

It was exciting to be out competing again, everyone was in a high spirits and the lovely sunshine shone all weekend.

Hartpurys shows are fabulous for educating the horses, competing in their superb main arena is a real treat, hopefully preparing my boys for their top class future career!
Below is Milo (Man Friday) 5 years old 16.2 by Glassards Jasper, grandsire Miley.
Jumping the 2'3" at Hartpury he came 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment