Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 16 January 2011

Icon Winnings Reach Over £400

Icon came 4th in a British Show Jumping class at Hartpury, in a class of 50. Taking his winnings to over £400. Not bad for an event horse, he took some really good angles. He was so excited to be out jumping he wasted time by bouncing around.

John Wayne and Top Gun are doing lots of hacking, the common is really wet so we are doing loads of water schooling. Monty is still turned out, I will get him in to ride if some weather man can assure me the snow has gone for good!!!

I am busy teaching pony club and my other regulars. Don and Sue Lupton bring their lovely cobs Bill and Pie every week for flatwork and jumping. Both horses work well on the flat and then really prick their ears when the jumping starts and for their end of lesson polos.

My Eventing pupils are getting ready for the season, Sarah Dixon-Smith on her new 6 year old Frank and Louise Calverley with Mac, both are going well in training, we are all so excited we have our events planned and a training countdown to the first event. Not forgetting Camilla Esling who is off Badminton in April. We can't wait.

Blog stats update. Over 3,000 hits were reached just before Christmas, hello to everyone who reads my Blog hope you enjoy it. Most readers are in the UK and USA but also Russia and most of Europe and this week someone has logged in from Brazil. The most popular post is "Moreton Morrell and a visit to Hospital" (you mean lot!) closely followed by "We did the British Championships".

2 comments:

  1. Cob!! what do you mean cob? I'm a Hanoverian/Clydesdale cross, though I can't prove it, and stand 16 3 in my bare hooves. Unlike that big bottomed, runty, small headed, Pie who is about as cobby as you can get and would be well employed pulling a caravan I prefer the description "heavy hunter type".
    I am offended but may forgive you for a polo. - Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Bill, polos and sugarlumps adlib for next lesson....it was a typing error! Should have read Cob and Hunter! Bad computer keyboard!

    ReplyDelete