Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Thursday 16 September 2010

Vet

I am just waiting for the vet to arrive.

I have booked in the 3 colts for castration Snip, Smartie and Crunchie. I had to get headcollars on them all last night and while I was at it they all had a lesson in being tied up. They were all perfect and stayed patiently tied to their posts for half an hour. They all learn this at weaning so this was just a reminder. Good boys!

Also I have got in Monty (Hartpury Take It 2 The Top) he has some wolf teeth, one looks awkward. He is due off to James Grassick next week for breaking so they need removing or can cause real problems and pain when the bit is in.

Also in for the vet is Butterfly and Rif Raf, this is so Rif Raf can have a passport done and a microchip. Vet is here must go......

.....4 hours later. The castrations went smoothly and so did removing the wolf teeth from Monty, the awkward one was big and an inch away from the normal place it was also still under gum so had to be cut out, ouch!

The most naughty person was 8 week old Rif Raf, big horid micro chip needle but it is done now. I had to think of a show name for her passport and decided on "Rif Raf The Dragon" she has a fire breathing dragon shape in her markings and also this will mean she has a very unique name!

No comments:

Post a Comment