Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Friday 17 September 2010

"I ran up the hill looking for a dead horse"

I decided to turn my yearling Hartpury Twilight out with Josie, Milo and Mika. they are all kind horses living in about 30 acres of lush grass so he will grow on really well out there for the winter.

I led him all the way down the hill to the bottom field and turned him out. Josie began trotting over very interested in a new Friend. She was still miles away but Hartpury Twilight  took one terrified look at this skewbald monster and galloped off. He disappeared back up the hill with Josie following miles behind with me even further running flat out. There was a crash of metal at the top and I knew he had jumped the gate onto the road. I ran up the hill looking for a dead horse or worse a terrified horse loose down the narrow lanes.

To my surprise he was no where in sight and the gate was not bent so he must have almost cleared it! I found him grazing on the common a few hundred yards away, judging by the scrape marks on his head he had fallen over. He seems OK and is back in his own paddock with not much grass but no scary Skewbalds!

I have lunged Monty today only on a headcollar as his mouth is healing. I lunged and long reined him in May so this is all a reminder. He was lovely, had a saddle on too, he jumped the water trays and my spooky fillers and I lent over him, teaching him to stand for mounting in all sorts of places while I flapped on and off him. He was very laid back and wanted to please so fingers crossed for another lovely horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment