Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 19 September 2010

A Very Busy Weekend

Saturday morning I put Hartpury Twilight out with Spicer who is a very gentle horse I have never seen his ears back, they were quickly sharing hay and all seemed happy...phew!

Then I lunged Monty he was perfect and this time with no lunge whip.... walk, trot canter and walk all by my voice...maybe useful one day when riding him and he ignores my reins!!!

Then it was off to Hartpury indoor SJ with John Wayne and Top Gun, they both jumped double clear in the 3ft to come 5th and 6th. In the 3'3" JW had 2 down and TG had one down to fiinish in 6th. They went very well and I was relieved as their old stud groom who looked after them them when they were tiny foals came to watch.

Sunday we left home at 4am to go with Icon to Burnham Market ( I mucked out and plaited too)
We had never been to this event in Norfolk before but I wanted to go to look at the ground and course as they run a cic*** and an Advanced in the Spring.

Icon did a 35 dressage, one of only 4 clears SJ and clear XC. I went flat out XC even Ant said it looked fast! Even so he had ten time faults which put us 8th so still a good result but not good enough for a 2011 Gatcombe qualifier, which is what I am hoping for.
He is now on 36 points, he is such a good horse, his SJ round today was amazing, he just sprung round. Lots of Polos.

My website stellabayliseventing.co.uk has a new page to its gallery- the gatcombe pics taken by William Fox, a huge thankyou to him I have stopped buying Icons photos at events as nothing is as good as these he took.

No comments:

Post a Comment