Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Saturday 28 March 2015

Lands Eventing

Feeling exhausted this evening after 3 days eventing out of the last 7 days! 

Today we took the lovely Massimo to do his first ever event, the 70 cm at Lands Eventing near Warwick.

He is only 4 yet behaved like a horse twice his age, he scored 34 in the dressage then jumped a super clear show jumping. Massimo has only been XC schooling once before when I took him to Bissell Wood a month ago.

So although I thought he would cope with the dressage and show jumping I was very unsure if he would cope warming up on grass in a busy enviroment. The small shows he has been to so far only ever had about 3 others warming up with him and it's been on the safety of an enclosed sand arena, today he was going to have to cope with 20 or 30 other horses in a huge open field. 

He was a complete star, calm and yet interested in what was going on. XC he was so impressive, I came home believing I now have a future top horse to dream about. He spooked a bit at the water but otherwise he didn't glance at anything and just flew round, the boldest 4 year old I have ever ridden.

Exciting to have a potential new star, especially as I have sold my best horses during the last 12 months to pay for renovations on our new house.

Click the link to see a short XC clip http://youtu.be/890fYN9uvrM




No comments:

Post a Comment