Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 1 March 2015

Busy Making Potts of Progress

XC Schooling

I was really excited to take my lovely rising 4 year old Alvescot Massimo XC schooling to Bissell Wood http://www.bissellwood-equestrian.co.uk/  

There are lots of baby jumps at Bissell Wood suitable for starting a young horse. This was Massimo's first XC outing and he behaved beautifully. He also jumped everything asked of him, his boldness really surprised me and he continues to remind of my lovely advanced event horse Trefienon Icon who I retired last year.

Dressage

This was an outing to http://www.hillview.myzen.co.uk/index.html where they put on a super dressage competition once a month. They once again had huge entries with 15 in the walk and trot test.

This was a big day for us as Graham Potts who I have been training for the last 8 months chose to make his dressage debut here. Having warmed up nicely he gave me one heart stopping moment just as I was letting him in the gate to the competition area when he says 
"where do I go in to start?" 
to which I replied  " at A" 
and then he asks "where is A?" 

Luckily he did the whole test perfectly without even needing a caller, scoring 65.5% and finishing in 9th place.


Show Jumping

Massimo competed in his first ever competition this week the mini SJ at Hartpury Arena, he jumped a super double clear making it all feel very easy to finish in 2nd place. 

Popart is making good progress, he has been to his first show and is hacking out nicely, he currently needs a baby sitter past some of the more scary things like barking dogs etc but is pretty exceptional for such a green horse. He is really athletic, feeling very neat on his feet and just really nice to ride.

Below pic is his ears hacking out round our lanes, you wouldn't be able to take photos from the saddle of many 4 year olds. He will now be turned out to fill out and mature as I hope to sell him later on this year.





No comments:

Post a Comment