Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 5 April 2015

Howick BE90

Spring arrived in a frantic hurry on the Sunday of Howick, near Chepstow.  It seemed the sky turned a beautiful blue, the grass a luxurious green and all the daffodils and primroses all burst out into flower just as we arrived in Wales.

The event had done wonders to run, they had a huge amount of rain a couple of days before and I was convinced they would cancel, Goring Heath and Llanymynech had both already been abandoned due to water logging. But the organisers at Howick had faith in their well drained ground and had worked incredibly hard over night and between classes during the day with all the various machines and tractors to keep the show on the road. In addition almost all of the 200 lorries needed towing out, I was told only 6 got out on their own! We didn't.

Timeforasharpexit did another super dressage test for a 30. He show jumped early in the day before the sun had got a grip on drying the ground and he tipped down 3 show jumps. As he felt a bit green in the sticky mud I decided to withdraw him XC.

Rif Raf The Dragon did a nice dressage for 33. Show Jumping she was amazing, she pinged them all and yet again didn't touch a single pole. I took some rather odd lines to avoid the mud and chose a line to the penultimate that didn't quite work, I gave Rif Raf a kick and she went "hey you have Spurs on" she shot sideways making the line even more unworkable and so I had to turn a circle giving Rif Raf her first ever SJ fault along with 9 time!!!! This was the first time I have competed her in Spurs although we did practise at home this week.

XC she was super, so bold and confident. I let her plod round and I chose lines that avoided the sticky patches, she was late on in the day and the ground was pretty cut up by then. The ground felt energy sapping and she was trying so hard. A lovely clear with just 8 time which surprised me as it felt that we went very slow. The XC was super for a first 90, the 90 fences were mixed with a few shared BE80 & shared BE100 fences too, there was a super dew pond water complex, a coffin and an interesting log drop down a steep slope to a tall but inviting brush skinny.


No comments:

Post a Comment