Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Tuesday 11 November 2014

BE Coaching Course

This was a brilliant course ran by BE to help us improve our coaching skills, ideas etc
It was a pretty challenging course, continually questioning our thought process and the skills required to coach well. 
We were not allowed to stay in one group during the classroom based morning session. For every new challenge we had to move to a new group of people and then work on tasks with that group. The other coaches were all levels including newly qualified coaches and several BHS fellows, UKCC3, 4* Event riders etc.
The morning classroom session finished with watching videos, where we had to assess riders in order to make an observation of their riding skills, I found this particularly useful, especially as in my final group I had a FBHS who gave us some good guidance on what to look for.
In the afternoon we were split into new groups and were asked to coach several riders on the flat and later jumping. We were supposed to use the skills which we had gathered during the classroom session. It was hard to stay focused on this and not to revert to how we coach at home.
It was fascinating watching the other coaches coach and then discussing with each other how we would progress the session based on what we had seen and heard so far.
I started my jumping session nervously and then went blank, luckily we were mixed with all the different levels of coaches, I had lots of encouragement from my group and the trainer so I soon got going.

I didn't think I had done that well but I had some fantastic feed back from the trainer at the end, so I returned home feeling confident and keen to go on more courses like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment