Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 23 November 2014

A Winning Streak

Ok I realise it's November and all the best horses are probably on holiday but it still feels good to be on a winning streak, even if it is on baby horses in baby classes!!!

The weekend started with Show Jumping at Hartpury, I was pretty excited as it was Rif Rafs first winter outing. She whizzed round to finish 2nd with Middleton close on her heels in 3rd, Rosanna who I coach finished in 6th, a fab result as it was a large class.

Next it was of to Hillview arena today for dressage, they had a very full day with over 60 entries. Rif Raf just did one prelim test to be 2nd with 67%, bless her, it felt a good test and that was confirmed before I even knew my mark when the judge asked if she was for sale. Rif Raf was beaten by a  rider I coach Camilla Esling on her lovely youngster Roland, great to see this super partnership winning. I was also really pleased for Louise on Bernie in 6th on 66%, 6 months ago she bought him unbroken from an Irish Sports horse importer, amazing how fast he is progressing. 

Next up was Middleton who won prelim 14 on 69% and then also won the Novice on 72% he's an amazing 4 year old.  Then Rupert, owned by Vet Graham Potts, finished 3rd in the Novice, he put his best foot forward through the test had some lovely comments. Good job he went so well as his owner and friends were watching. Pic of Rupert doing his test by floodlights.



Then to finish off a fab weekend I recieve an email from a rider I coach to say she has finished the year in 4th place in the ROR UK endurance rankings. Tracy is Head Vet Nurse from Three Counties Equine Hospital and competes her ex racehorse in endurance, dressage and show jumping, next year she hopes to take her Eventing too.

Huge well done to everyone and to my lovely horses, that's cheered up a grey November and I have a pretty exciting week to follow, so watch this space!







No comments:

Post a Comment