Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Saturday 30 August 2014

Seconds for Rupert, Vet and Horse Falls on top of me!!!!!

Rupert went off to his 2nd show today at Allen's Hill. He once again behaved really well scoring 65% prelim18 and 69% in prelim12. He came 2nd in both tests, only missing out on 1st place by less than a mark. He is saving 1st place for when his owner competes him.


Yesterday I had Becks the vet here doing lots of routine tasks on my young horses. Yearling colts Beetle and Dippy were both castrated and also had their wolf teeth removed. 2 year old Wizard also had his wolf teeth out.
I asked Becks to look at a strange mobile, 10p size, swelling, on the back of Wizards lower hock, Becks was as mystified as I was, it was such an odd lump with lots of fluid surrounding it, yet he was very sound on it. A few X Rays and scans later and we had the mystery solved, it was a soft tissue swelling similar to a Ganglion found on humans. Very unusual and probably caused by some sort of trauma to the area. Despite it looking rather unsightly she has advised me to leave well alone and continue as normal with him. Means he can be an event horse but not a show horse. Phew that's a relief!!!!
When we castrated Dippy I was stood in front of him holding him while the sedation took hold. Suddenly he tumbled forward right on top of me. I went down backwards onto the concrete like a skittle, luckily the stable door was open and I got thrown clear out into the yard. I was a bit shaken but not a bruise to be seen.
Dippy helping to bring Beetle in for Castration!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment