Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Thursday 7 August 2014

X Racehorse Rupert Scares The Life Out Of Me!!!

I was checking Rif Raf in her stable down on the yard this morning when I heard a loud Clip Clopping on the concrete right behind me, made me really jump as I was on yard on my own and Rif Raf was the only horse on the yard!

I turned round to be greeted by the giant 17.1 bay gelding Rupert, (owned by vet Graham Potts) he was happily munching on a mouth full of hay. He looked down at me & decided I was doing nothing interesting and so he slowly Clip Clopped his way back into the open door of his stable.

He was supposed to be out in field. I put my CSI hat on and investigated him for injury, phew he seemed ok and then went to solve the mystery, the gates were shut and here was no sign that he had fallen jumping out. All the evidence (hoof prints in the sand mainly) pointed to him jumping and clearing a 4 foot high gate out of the field on to the school and then he must have just put himself to bed!!!

I am now looking at Rupert in a very new light, the last horse to jump that gate was Icon my 3* horse and he didn't clear it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment