Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Saturday 8 February 2014

Success for Hartpury Top Gun at JAS Hartpury

I entered Hartpury Take It 2 The Top for the Novice and the Open classes. The weather was so fowl (or rather suitable for ducks!) that I put Hartpury Top Gun on the lorry a) to prevent his brother kicking the lorry b) so I could ride him in the indoor school in between Monty's rounds.

When we arrived I thought I would ask if we are allowed to swap horses and they were really accommodating and said yes. So I unexpectedly rode Hartpury Top Gun in the 1.10 Novice. He jumped a fabulous double clear in a quick time, the time was tight and as there were very few clears he even got a round of applause. We had the 2nd best style mark, very pleasing as I have been working hard on my position and core stability this winter. There were around 50 starters and Top Gun finished 5th in his first ever BE novice....sort of!!!

It meant Monty jumped just one class the 1.20 open, his round got messy when he locked onto the back of fence 7 as we approached fence 3, I panicked saw a long one, he didn't and chipped in taking the top rail out. He was however good on my lines and very bold, a quick accurate XC put him in 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment