Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Monday 18 November 2013

Hartpury BSJA

I took HartpuryTwilight along to Hartpury for the Area 41 affiliated show jumping, an event not actually ran by the College. I left Top Gun at home as he had an appointment in the afternoon with a potential purchaser. However while. I was at Hartpury I had a text to say they were not coming after all so he could have show jumped instead!

There were 60 in the classes and waiting took hours and hours, I sat with an eventing friend of mine wondering why on earth BS can't do times, I mean Eventing manage it for 300 competitors doing 3 different phases in a day, and sometimes 300 per day for 3 or 4 days so why can't BS manage that for one phase.

Twilight jumped really well, he is only 4 and has yet to have a fence down. He was spooky of the water tray in the jump off of the British Novice. He just skipped past it snorting, and off course two skips past in BSJA you are out with no third attempt, home work required with water trays. Everyone agreed it was very mean to put a water tray in a Novice class.

I wanted to jump a bigger class on him so jumped him in his first ever Discovery, just the first round, once again he did not touch a pole (wow he is so talented and such an easy canter) It was a shame to have to withdraw from the jump off  but the water tray was involved and an affiliated event is not the place to go into battle with a baby horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment