Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 11 August 2013

Win or E? Pippa Funnell At Hartpury CIC 3***

For the 2nd week running I have managed to capture another controversial piece of video. I only took my camera along with me to Gatcombe and Hartpury to video a couple of friends who were competing. I hardly took any footage at Hartpury as I decided it was looking a bit geeky! I did however geekily run to the 2nd water to get a shot of Pippa Funnell jumping through as she was leading at the time.

The rider before her knocked the flag off the skinny after the water. Pippa wasn't far behind and the judges didn't manage to either stop her or replace the flag. The missing flag was fairly significant as it also held the fence number and the letter (A) giving a thicker wing to the fence than just a single flag.

 What happened next can be seen here http://youtu.be/2Fw218-g0fY

Pippa was awarded 20 for a run out and then eliminated for continuing without representing.

The fence was not flagged and the BE rule book page 45 states all obstacles to be negotiated by the horse must be numbered or lettered accordingly. A horse is only considered to have ran out if its head and shoulders fail to pass between the flags.

Lets hope the rule book is updated so we will all know what to do if it happens to us. There is a question on the BE forum way back in 2009 which clarifies.
If a flag is missing riders should either
a) stop and ask to have the flag replaced.
b) or try and jump the jump but prepare to take the penalties if penalised for a run out.

Not jumping the fence is not an option!

More info on link below, means we will need to take our iPhones with us xc to check forum stuff like this on way round as its not in the rule book!

http://www.britisheventing.com/messages.asp?topicid=3374&section=00010001000200490001


1 comment:

  1. I hope you will receive royalties for the use of your video on the H&H web page!!

    ReplyDelete