Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Friday 15 June 2012

Competing with a sick bug - bad idea.

Tried to comepte at Nunney today recovering from a horid vile sickness bug that everyone seems to be catching round here. Hadn't kept food down for 3 days and felt weak and wobbley. I was sick all over Top Guns feet when I was plaiting him up. He did a stunning dressage 25 and clear SJ so I had to run XC, but I rode like a lemon (or a person with a sick bug) and let him have 20 pens, very annoying. I withdrew Take It 2 The Top after 2 down SJ, he stuggled to balance in the SJ, more practise on a grass needed as the arena was slightly sloping.
My helpers for the day were my freind Bernice and Ewa. Ewa used to come to help me at all the events when I had Mutiny Bay in the early 90s, it was great to have her along. She was just the same as 20 years ago, her horse handling skills were a bit rusty but she was soon busy helping, she couldn't believe how the XC had become so difficult, and what are all those narrow fences!

Saturday
Have just jumped Icon at home ready for Nunney tomorrow, but I am still too weak and I can't ride him properly, he is a big horse and I need to be very fit and well to ride him, so I have just rang Nunney to withdraw from the intermediate.

No comments:

Post a Comment