Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Monday 4 October 2010

Advanced at Little Downham

Icon was a star today. I had 2.30 pm dressage so we did not have to leave home until 8 am....was like having a half day eventing after our last few 4 am starts.
Icon did a good test despite bucking warming up when horses went past on the XC, one of his flying changes was over exuberant but as least we did them!
He had three down sj, 2 of which were just poor riding, I need to keep him in front of the leg more to keep the big careful jump and I started to fiddle in front of a couple of the spreads. He jumped superb and tried so hard and felt amazing.
The XC was technical and had lots of skinnies and ditches. I walked one turning fence of 2 skinnies to a gate about ten times...it did not seem possible to turn such a big horse in such a small space, I had practised an identical turn at home this week and it took me 6 attempts before we got it and that was only 3 ft!
The course caused problems....especially the skinnies and the double of corners.....as I set out XC the Air Ambulance took off right by the start box. Icon was foot perfect. As I jumped clear through the skinnies I heard a huge cheer and again at the corners. I realised it was the fence judges who I had been chatting to when I walked it ten times!!!
I went back to thank them for their helping cheers and they were thrilled to hear Icon had gone clear, he now has a small fan club at Little Downham!!
Two packets of polos today and then off to the scoreboard to find we were 15th, crikey we are starting to get an almost competitive score at this level. GOOD BOY ICON YOU ARE A STAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment