Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Monday 18 May 2015

Mount Ballan BE90

I have a nasty cold that is sapping me of energy and I can't breath. I decided to run Rif Raf at Mount Ballan despite feeling poorly as I knew she would look after me and with the rain we had this week it seemed daft to withdraw when we would have perfect ground.

Luckily I had a fab helper in my friend Nikki who made the whole day a lot more fun and she also helped my energy levels by helping get Rif Raf ready. It was a yard outing as Emma, my livery, was competing, our times were close together so we all went along in the same lorry. A full lorry made the outing like an episode from The Darling Buds Of May, especially as the Welsh Sun was shining and Nikki had made us some nice cakes!!!!
Rif Raf did her job perfectly finishing in 14th place. The XC looked smaller than Solihull but it was much more technical, with turning fences, 2 sunken roads, a water with a,b,c elements and fences on angles. We also shared a few 100 fences. This was the first time Rif Raf went inside the time XC, she is really getting into a good XC rhythm now. 
Emma's day went really well too as she finished in 2nd place gaining a regional final place. Emma was one of two riders I coach who gained a regional final place as Annabel on Vainquer won the same section. Now that would be very exciting if they both got to Badminton next year. 
Pictures below kindly taken by Rory Horton-Smith and Nikki Cox.



No comments:

Post a Comment