Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 19 August 2012

Solihull BE100 and BE90

Nothing very exciting happened, easy courses, perfect ground, both boys went well with Amazing Mika finishing 11th in his first BE90 event (a 28 dressage) and Take It 2 The Top 4th in a BE100. My last XC round was at 3.30 and we had to wait until 7 pm for prize giving, I got so bored waiting I went and helped put Show Jumps up. My prize was a generous £30, sounding ungrateful I did think I could have gone home 4 hours earlier to earn double that teaching for 2 hours and still had 2 hours spare. It seems more and more prizes are not picked up at prize givings, leaving awkward gaps and those of us in attendance applauding Mr Gonehome! I can quite understand why, with riders having long journeys to make home, people paying for child care, horse care and having to pay travelling grooms extra while you wait 4 hours to collect a prize, it also seems mean to keep your lovely horse having performed so well hanging round at the event for 4 hours more than needed, especially on a warm day.
We were invited out that evening and that had to be sacrificed as we rolled back in the yard at 9pm still with jobs to do, evening stables, chickens etc etc
I am not sure what the answer is, either prize givings are abandoned and prizes are sent on, or if events want to hold prize givings perhaps riders not wanting to stay should become HC and prizes pass down the line if they are not prepared to wait! Now that would make for a full attendance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment