Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Happy Days at Homme House

I bravely entered 3 horses for our local BE event and prayed I did not fall off 3x in front of all the people who knew me! Luckily it was my lucky day. All 3 horses went clear xc and got good dressage marks, both Top Gun and Milo (Man Friday) hit the 2o's and Take It 2 The Top (Monty) got a 31. Monty went double clear to finish 2nd in the 4 year class, a class won by Paul Tapner. Milo came 11th (slow XC!) and Top Gun flew xc to come 6th in the BE100.
Lots of lovely prizes, a lovely event, lots of friendly faces, lovely course, everyone I know had a really good day, especially Ledbury Pony Club member Claire Mealing who won a 3rd prize in an intro on her lovely pony My Charming Charlie, she got a huge cheer at prize giving.

Taking 3 horses was a tall order for us, but luckily I had lots of help Dan and William Norrell, Louise Calverley, Bernice White and Janet Hughes (Ants sister)all helped lead horses about, wash off, tack up etc etc. Thankyou everyone, although they teased me all day as I won the best old persons award in two of the sections, apparently I now need a walking stick and a hearing aid.... thanks guys!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well done granny, hope you've got those veteran rosettes in pride of place! What an amazing day for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are well named - Stella the Star! I'm sure those lovely intelligent boys are having their own fun 'in house' competition to see who can get the best result and please you most. And welcome to the Golden Oldie Club.Now that I have 2 sticks surplus to requirements I will pass them on to you. Just ignore the 'Property of Scunthorpe General Hospital' labels!!

    ReplyDelete