Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Snow Jumping

Here is my friend Sarah practising her XC jumping with her lovely Great Danes - Wizard and Merlin and also black lab Bear. Sarah is a keen BSJA competitor and wins a fair amount with Bluey who is her best horse. Bluey is a grade B show jumper and has her own unique and successful way of going. When I teach her, I help Sarah to improve the canter quality rather than drastically alter her jumping technique.

The snow has gone. I have been doing lots of riding on the common. Jumping gorse bushes and streams using the natural ups and downs and lumpy terrain to educate the young horses, helping them find their balance for XC jumping. Its really good fun and they love it, I found a good course that included a stream splash, a grass mound, a huge bush, then a sharp turn to a skinny bush.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment